Followers

Friday, 24 August 2012

A Rose Creation

I'm combining two challenges into the one card.  They are

The Pink Elephant #162  to create own embellishments

Crafty Sentiment Designs  to use flowers

Since making this post I've been invited to show the card at Word Art Wednesday

I love this style of card but I'm not so good at pulling everything together.  I'm hoping that it's not ott on the pink as it's for a ruby wedding anniversary


The backing paper that I used was an A4 landscape design with the opposite corners being printed with the rose design.  I used the top right hand corner of it by cutting it out and placing it onto the top right hand corner of the card. I coloured both the doily and the cotton lace with a light fawn Flexmarker

 

I used the Spellbinder's Rose creator dies to make the flower which is held together by a brad which I have covered with Card Candi


This picture shows how I have overlapped the doily with the background paper


Finished off with a greeting and an acetate butterfly

Materials used

Spellbinders Rose Creator dies
Raspberry Road designer paper
Nitwits paper for the rose
Cotton Lace
Paper doily
Spellbinders scalloped circle die
Memento ink for the edges of the petals
Rose sticker from stash for the leaves and stem
Card candi and brad
Acetate and peel off butterfly
Peel off sentiment
Pinflair 3D gel

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Margaret,love the flower and fab papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Margaret - what a stunning card. Love the papers and that wonderful Rose.
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty, Margaret. The papers and rose are beautiful. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret this is super pretty , what a gorgeous paper and the rose is fab Well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card and stunning rose you've created. I just love the elegant vintage feel to this. Thanks for sharing it - I love being inspired of course, so this is perfect inspiration for me.
    I'd just love to have you share it at Word Art Wednesday. I always love seeing your beautiful creations in our challenges, Margaret. And I know that others would enjoy seeing this.

    Hope you're having an awesome weekend. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed making that card.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments, and good luck.

    Caz CSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, my friend. It's always a blessing when you share your beautiful art with us!
    Blessings to you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! Just beautiful! Thank you for playing along with The Pink Elephant Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That´s a dream of a card Margaret! It remembers me on the roses in my jard in spring! I love it to much! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful breathe taking creation! I love everything about it -- the colors, the style, and that beautiful rose!
    (Shoregirl - Guest Designer for Word Art Wednesday for the month of August)

    ReplyDelete