Followers

Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Creative Card Crew #16 DT Card

The theme for our 16th challenge at The Creative Card Crew is On the Beach/Under the Sea.  We are being sponsored by Michelle Perkett Studio and we have a $10 gift for one lucky entrant to spend in Michelle's fabulous store

I have chosen to use Serena, just one of Michelle's mermaids


I have kept the design of the card quite simple as I didn't want to detract from the image.  I edged the papers with a green ink pad


I did stamp the sentiment direct on the card but there must have been a bit of fluff/fibres on the ink pad which left a smudge.  I stamped it again on another piece of the same paper and cut it out using a scalloped die.  I attached it with dsst  as I wanted it to be flat on the surface of the card.


I added glitter to the background and painted the image with Glossy Accents to make her look wet.  When it was dry I added more Glossy Accents to the flowers to give a raised finish and added drops to each of the scallops on the sentiment panel

Materials used

Serena digi stamp from Michelle Perkett Studio
ProMarkers
Papers from stash
Memento ink pad
Dream stamp from Debbie Moore
Glossy Accents
Jones Tones holographic glitter
Pinflair 3D gel

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Margaret,fabulous image and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Margaret xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning I'm speechless (and that doesn't happen often!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret, its a very pretty card, the image and the colours you have used are lovely. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card and image Margaret , you are back on track with a stunner Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is adorable, I love th colours and the layout is reat

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Margaret! I love the calmness of you card, Serena looks so serene!
    I'm looking forward to working with you on the design team!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Margaret. I just HAD to stop by and tell you how much I love this one!

    ReplyDelete