Followers

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

ABC Christmas M for.......

The challenge at ABC Christmas is M for Make a gift

I  Last year I bought some fabric with the intention of starting a quilt but, as usually happens with my good intentions, I have never got round to starting it.  Another thing that I've wanted to do is make bags which is why I bought the Bags, Beads and Brooches bookazine from Traplet Publications.  


On the front cover there is a craft/knitting bag which I thought I would make for a friend for her Christmas present.  The instructions say to use 8 different fabrics but I only used four plus the lining. I'm that pleased with it I'm going to make one for myself but will buy the fabric purposely for it.  There are a couple of other bags that I would love to do and , who knows, I might actually do them lol

I've put some of my knitting and bits and bobs into it to pad it out for the photos.  I should have taken some work in progress photos to show that I had made it myself lol


I have left the flat pocket as one to make a place for patterns and maybe needles


This pocket I divided into three


There is an elasticated strip on one side which I've stitched to make sections for holding some items


The two blue end pockets are gathered with elastic for bulkier items
It is quite big with the base being 35cm x 22cm

I hope that you like it too




3 comments:

  1. WOW this is Brilliant what an awesome Gift! Great for Knitting, crochet and sewing hu!! you want me address? teehhehheee seriously whoever you made this for is gonna LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge this time! hope you come play next time too! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bag! I could use one when I was addicted to knitting. So much space and sections.
    Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Love, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous gift!
    Thanks for playing with us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete