Followers

Monday, 18 June 2012

Word Art Wednesday #32

When I sat down to create this page in my journal, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  But, as with the best plans of mice and men, my plan didn't work out.  I had everything lined up ready and started by stamping an image directly onto the page and the centre of the image hadn't printed!  I'll have to stop trying to work directly onto the page if I'm stamping.  I've ended up doing something completely different even though I could have done my idea on paper and sticking it into the journal over the mis-print.

Word Art Wednesday always supply a free scriptural or inspirational quote which you are free to download and use in any project that you wish.  To enter the challenge there is no need to use the word art provided as long as the entry is positive and uplifting.  This week's word art is Philippians 4:6

I am also entering it into the following challenges

Papertake Weekly challenge which is to use a 3-2-1 recipe

Allsorts Challenge #159  to use paper piecing or piercing



For The Papertake Weekly recipe I used 3 paper pieced flowers, 2 shades of green and one piece of word art


I stamped all the flowers onto the green backing paper and then one each of the pink, blue and lilac which I cut out and then placed over the original stamped images.  I then used ProMarkers to colour the ruffled part of the flower and the flower centres


I then added the word art which I had printed on Safmat film

Materials used

My Word Art journal
Word art from Word Art Wednesday
Papers from HOTP
Ruffled Flower stamp by Stampendous!
Memento ink pad
Promarkers
Safmat Film by Letraset

6 comments:

  1. So pretty Margaret! Sometimes art has a life of it's own and our planned out idea never happens! I love the free spirited feeling of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely page Margaret,love the word art.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE all these entries this week. Keep it up. Your art is such a blessing to us. Have a blessed week, Margaret!
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. I have blog candy!
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really effective paper piecing Margaret.

    Thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts this week and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab paper piecing love the whole design and the added colouring really makes those flowers pop!

    Thanks for playing this week at Allsorts hope you enjoyed our piecing and piercing challenge...

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so pretty, Margaret. The flower image is great and I love how you have coloured the edges. Sue x

    ReplyDelete