Followers

Sunday, 10 June 2012

Word Art Wednesday #31

As always Word Art Wednesday provide a piece of word art for everyone to use.  You don't have to use it though.  Any project can be entered using any scriptural or inspirational quote.

I printed the verse on Wednesday so that every time I went into my craft room I would see it and try and think of something to do for it.  I have been known to get up at 3am to create my journal page but, luckily for me, inspiration struck at 9pm tonight.  I wonder why that happens?  It's not as though I'd purchased something new for it, just the same stash as Wednesday, not counting the delivery I had on Saturday of envelopes and poly bags.  I can now make one card every day and they will last me exactly one year.  That's an awful lot of envelopes and cards lol    For those of you who are new to my blog I made a journal for my Word Art Wednesday projects as I don't have many people who would appreciate getting a biblical card.  Anyway on to my page.


It was really hard doing all that stitching lol  I'm so pleased that it is only a stamp.  I have seen many cards in blog-land that have actually been stitched, I am far too lazy for that.  By the time I'd got the sewing machine from the cupboard and set it up the challenge would be closed!
I edged the papers and all the elements with an ink pad for definition


Where possible I like to add elements that tie in with the verse, as I have here, using hearts.  I printed the verse onto Safmat which is a matt transparent film.  I print it out first onto ordinary copier paper to make sure that I've got the text the size I want, moving my margins to zero at the top and left hand side.  I then cut a piece of Safmat slightly larger than I need and attach it with adhesive over the text.  To use the film I trim around the text as close as possible, remove the backing and then position it wherever I want on the page

Materials used

My journal
Thimbles and Threads collection from Nitwits
Memento Potter's Clay ink pad
Tanda Stamps Stitches Set 1 Mini
Letraset's Safmat film

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Margaret,love all the stitching.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret: I just love how the flowers come together to make that center focal point. It turned out SO cute. Thanks so much for sharing this in the challenge at Word Art Wednesday. What a tremendous blessing to see this beautiful art shared in our challenge!
    Have a blessed week, and thanks again!
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret, what a beautiful card! A lovely idea to have a journal to keep all your Word Art Wednesday projects. Luv & Hugs, Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. Love the hearts in it, and the sweet pink colors.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us on WAW.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete