Followers

Sunday, 3 June 2012

Word Art Wednesday #30

Today's card was another early hours inspiration, thinking about Word Art Wednesday #30 and ABC Q for quilts.  This time I didn't get out of bed to craft as it was too cold and my bed was so cosy lol


I had a square template which I placed on the page and inked through it to create the quilt.  I managed to get the inking done ok but didn't quite get the "stitching" lined up in places. Even though the stamp is a clear one it was quite tricky to get the join of the colours in between the two lines of stitching


I placed the template back over each square and stamped a pattern using the same ink pads as for the squares and a different pattern for each of the four colours


The Bible verse was printed onto Safmat, trimmed and then placed in the centre of the quilted pattern

Materials used

Adirondack, Memento and Versafine ink pads
Stitching stamp from Tanda Stamps
Pattern stamps from Dimension Stamps
Safmat film from Letraset

5 comments:

  1. I just love this adorable quilt pattern. What a creative and beautiful card, Margaret! Thank you so much for sharing this with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I sure hope you will be back next week to join us for a double prize challenge. We always enjoy having you play along with us. Have a blessed week!
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hand stitching! Your quilt is awesome!

    Thanks for playing with us @ Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt card is beautiful, love the faux stitching. Thanks for joining us at ABC for our "Q" for Quilt challenge
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so pretty Margaret well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...so pretty!
    And what a beautiful verse to choose!
    Makes me happy to get to come by fellow believers
    blogs! Sure the Lord likes it too! =0)

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete