Followers

Tuesday, 5 June 2012

With a Song in My Heart!

Our challenge for this next fortnight at The Creative Card Crew is to create a project which is song inspired.  the song that I have chosen is "What's new pussycat?" by Tom Jones

Our sponsor for this challenge is the wonderful Simon Says Stamp who has generously given a $20 prize to be spent in their store.  Some lovely goodies there, too :o)

Don't forget to check out my fellow teamies blogs as they have some wonderful designs to show you


When I cut out the bottom layer of the decoupage I left a narrow white border to set it off from the background


After I had embossed the textured card I rubbed away some of the colour using a very fine emery paper.  It's actually a mitt for rubbing away excess hair lol but I find it perfect for this.  When you see the technique being demonstrated a Dust Buddy is used to pick up the coloured powder and accentuate  the distressing.  I use a baby wipe that has dried out and it works just as well even if it is stained with the inks from the rubber stamps


Showing the dimension of the decoupage

Materials used

Decoupage and backing paper from Jolly Nation
Card from DCWV
Cuttlebug birthday embossing folder
Memento ink pad
Pinflair 3D Gel

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Margaret,love the image,colours and layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful card ,the embossed background is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete