Followers

Thursday, 21 June 2012

Strawberry Fayre

I have made this card for two challenges

The Pink Elephant #153 Photo inspiration




Beccy's Place for June.  Anything goes but must use one of Beccy's images


I was looking through the digi's that I have of Beccy's and came across this one which I thought would be perfect for The Pink Elephant too, and give me chance to use some of the strawberry themed papers that I have


I used several colouring mediums including the red distress ink which I had put onto my glass cutting mat and spritzed with water.  I had the picture quite close to the ink so that as I spritzed it some of the mist landed on the top left hand corner fading out across the card.  It doesn't show up very well in the photo but looks good in the 'flesh'.  It was originally one of those happy accidents that can occur when crafting.


A close up of the basket, you can just about make out the glaze on the strawberry seeds

Materials used

Digi image from Beccy's Place
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Promarkers
Flexmarkers
Glossy Accents
Papers by Raspberry Road Designs
3D foam pads

4 comments:

  1. Oooh those papers are gorgeous Margaret, I love the red gingham it always makes me think of summertime picnics. You did a wonderful job colouring the image too. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Summer time card!! Great take on this weeks inspiration photo. Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Margaret.
    The picture that you used in it is so cute and you have very nice color.
    Regards,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicious card Margaret :) Your papers goes perfectly with this image. Love your coloring.
    Good luck on Becy's Place challenge.
    Hugs, Eret

    ReplyDelete