Followers

Saturday, 16 June 2012

Play Date Cafe challenge #136

I will quite often make cards for the Play Date Cafe challenges but forget that the challenge ends on the Tuesday and not the Wednesday.  Either that or forget to photograph them!!!  But this week I'm well ahead of myself.  I actually made the card on Thursday and photographed it but only just posting it.  A big improvement for me lol  The inspiration for the challenge is centred around this photo



And here is my interpretation of it


I was really pleased to have a set of papers in the colours required for this challenge


The border on the left was taken from a sheet of paper that was lots of borders and ribbons.  I stamped the flower onto three different papers and from the azure flower I cut out the centre circle and used it as the flower centre on the smallest blackberry flower.  I curled the flowers slightly and used 3D gel to give them support


I finished the card by mounting the flower onto a die cut panel and stamped the sentiment

Materials used

Kaisercraft Gypsy Sisters papers
Flower stamp from the Now and Always rubber stamp set from Ippity stamps by Unity
Sentiment stamp a magazine freebie
Memento ink pad
Spellbinder's Nestabilities Small Labels #1 dies
Pinflair 3D gel

6 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Margaret,love the flower and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, gorgeous card and all the colours coordinate so well together. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret, this is stunning! I love the flower and the richness of the colours you've used. Luv & Hugs, Trish x

    PS. Don't mention new dies - you will be tempting me!!! Luv & Hugs, Trish x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehe they're 6" x 6" and I'm sure that you could work wonders with them!!!!

      Margaret xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Margaret thank you for your lovely comments whilst I was away , , what a fab card I love that border isnt it pretty super card well done.
    Im sorry you are not getting alomg with serif, it took me a while and now I love it. ! I use it mostly for scrapbooking and have used it for quick cards too.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS card! That flower just pops off the front! Great use of these papers:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete