Followers

Tuesday, 19 June 2012

It's Summer!

I love this stamp from Michael Powell.  It reminds me of summer holidays taken in Scarborough with its lighthouse and quayside with the boats and the houses on the slope of old Scarborough town.  Apart from that I love lighthouses anyway because of their design and the symbolism of the Light of the World

I'm entering this card into the following challenges


Divas by Design #39  summer


Penny Black and More June  my favourite things


Friends of Speedy TV #25  summer




I chose the backing paper as it gives the impression of the sea


When I stamped the image I somehow managed to to make a black line by the spire of the church in the top right hand corner.  Not to be put off by the mistake I turned it into the flag of St George!


I used a southwest corner punch on the backing cards of the picture and sentiment panels.  I stamped the sentiment onto scrap paper first and used the second generation stamp as I thought that it blended in better with watercolour feel of the image


Showing a bit more detail of the image

Materials used

Urban Stamp by Michael Powell
Sentiment stamp from Crafty Individuals
Memento ink pad
ProMarkers
FlexMarkers
South west corner punch
Background paper from stash

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous card hun!! beautiful colouring too! thanks for joining us at Diva's this time hope to see you again soon
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! I love the way you colored the image! Thanks for joining us this week at Friends of Speedy TV challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very pretty! I love the detailed coloring you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is fabulous. I love that stamp. It reminded me of Europe. Funny how the same image can have different meaning for different people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really great seaside scene Margaret, lighthouses always bring back childhood memories for me as well.

    Thank you so much for joining our 'Favourite Things' theme at Penny Black and More this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Margaret...what a wonderful image.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Just beautiful! Love the tall, skinny card and the image is awesome. Thanks for joining us this week at FOSTV. Hope to see you again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margaret, a fab stamp for Summer and you have coloured it in beautifully. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card - thanks for joining with us at FOSTV.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Great coloring. Thanks for playing along with Friends of SpeedyTV. We hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card Margaret and beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really summery! I love it , makes me wanna go on vacation. Thanks for playing with us on FOSTV!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous stamping and colouring Margaret, this is lovely what a fab card.well done reminds me of holidays.
    Thank you for the tip on the ABC challenge I have entered
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and a lovely scenic stamp beautifully coloured. Thank you for sharing your favourite things over at Penny Black and More @ allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete