Followers

Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Christmas time again!

This card is for three challenges

2012 Christmas cards to use woodgrain.  I immediately thought of the manger and had the perfect stamp to go with it

ABC Christmas L for Lyrics definitely Away in a Manger

Word Art Wednesday #32 uplifting and scriptural



When I chose the backing paper I was struck with the words 'love joy come to you' and since then I've been singing 'Here we go a-wassailing' in my head.  It's driving me potty lol!


I embossed some kraft card to look like wood and cut it up to create the stable.  I might have made some more the same but it's the last piece of that paper

Materials used

Cuttlebug embossing folder Distressed stripes
LOTV stamp
Memento ink pads
ProMarkers
Kraft card
Backing paper possibly DCWV but not certain
Star brad from stash
3D foam pads

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Margaret,love the scene.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Nativity scenes and this is a very cute one. What a great idea to create a stable around it. Love it!!! The DP is fab too - good luck getting that song out of your head, LOL!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely cute card. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet image Margaret. Love the scene you have created.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Margaret! Another beautiful card. I love the embossed manger pieces. It's absolutely adorable. This would be another perfect addition at WAW.
    Have a super week, and thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello. I appreciate your friendship.
    Smiles,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are such a blessing!

      Karen L
      Word Art Wednesday

      P.S. I have blog candy!
      www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

      Delete
  6. Brilliant card, really nicely put together.

    Sharon
    (ABC Christmas Challenge guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to incorporate the woodgrain into the manger! Love your Nativity scene! Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable Margaret. I love how you've made the manger. Just perfect!! Luv Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely done I love the way you have done the embossing of the stable, Thanks for Playing along with us this time for our Lyrics Challenge
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, and this card really depicts your song perfectly. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete