Followers

Thursday, 28 June 2012

Bling, Butterflies, Brads and Bows

This is a card for two challenges.  It's been a while since I made a waterfall card, it is one of those styles that was a short lived faze lol. I came across the papers and decided to use them for this card.

Squigglefly #25 a pink button or bow

Crafty Creations challenge #176 to use 3 embellishments, I chose to use gems, brads and ribbon


I matted the blue vellum on silver card and completed the waterfall adding it to the base card after all the brads had been placed.  Doing it this way means that I don't have to put a covering paper on the inside to cover the legs


I put the gems on the antennae of the top butterfly only


Before cutting out the mechanism of  the waterfall I backed it with a contrasting paper for strength.  I also adhered the butterflies to a piece of cheap photo paper for the same reason


To finish I added peeloff butterflies, tag and ribbon bow

Materials used

Vellum, waterfall and butterflies from Making Cards Magazine
Paper on the reverse of the waterfall from Hunkydory
Peeloffs from Craft Creations
Brads, silver card and ribbon from stash
Photo paper
Stick and Spray from Crafter's Companion

11 comments:

  1. Ooooh - I remember the waterfall cards Margaret - they were so popular weren't they, but as you say, they were short lived. The ones I made were nowhere near as nice as yours - the butterfly layers are gorgeous.
    There are lots of paper-crafts which you just don't see any more - one I really didn't like was tea-bag folding - thank goodness that one disappeared!
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea-bag folding, quilling and iris folding are at the bottom of my techniques list and I never could get decent results with parchment craft either

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and elegant waterfall card! Thanks so much for joining us at Squigglefly's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Margaret! I love the interactive feature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret, this is just jaw dropping gorgeous! I love the color combination of the blue and pink with the silver. I love waterfall cards, but I think this is the first I've seen with die cuts! Fantastic idea. Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments, Holly. Plus thanks for the compliment on my cutting skills lol the butterflies were hand cut and not die cut :o)

      Margaret xx

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Margaret what a fabulous card well done . I love waterfall cards,.
    Spot the frog was fun , My mum had loads in her garden and when she was out sunbathing you could hear her screaming every now and then, because she was afraid of them and really they are just cute Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Margaret! Your card is so stunning and elegant...your fussy-cutting I swear looks so good, it looks just like you punched those butterflies! Three cheers for you and thanks for playing with us at Squigglefly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card Margaret. The butterflies look so pretty.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete