Followers

Saturday, 26 May 2012

Word Art Wednesday #29

Some of you may know that due to my arthritis and the medications that I take I don't get much sleep, 6 hours is a lie in lol  I went to bed on Thursday night about midnight, which is about my normal time, and read for a while in the hope that I would drop off.  I suddenly could see in my mind exactly what I wanted to do for this challenge.  I put my book away and turned out the light but still couldn't sleep.  I ended up getting out of bed and sneaking to my craft room about 3am.  It's amazing how much noise crafting creates lol, trying to open cupboards and drawers quietly just doesn't work!  Anyway my page came to life exactly how I wanted it to look and it even includes hand drawn elements which I'm really pleased with.  I feel that this is what an art journal should be like and, hopefully, I'll be able to do more pages like this. I went back to bed about 4am, just in time to hear the start of the dawn chorus! I eventually fell asleep after 4.30am

 Let me know what you think :o)

Word Art Wednesday #29


I have used the free word art provided by Word Art Wednesday although it is not necessary.  Any scriptural or inspirational quotation is allowed 


I had already printed the Bible verse on to Safmat ready to be placed on the page after it was finished.  I'm pleased with all the little hearts


I stamped a few trees to break up the space on that side.  I had drawn the figure onto scrap paper, cut it out and then placed on the page before I inked the background.  I then removed the paper image and coloured the white parts and drew around it to make the figure adding white gel pen to highlight parts of the page

Materials used

My handmade journal
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Promarkers with fine nibs
White gel pen
Tree stamps from Dimension Stamps
Grasses from Inkylicious
Letraset Safmat





4 comments:

  1. This is just super, Margaret! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. We are grateful to have you share your beautiful art with us! Have an awesome week, my friend.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you illustrated this verse! Why is it that inspiration has to "strike" in the middle of the night?! Been there, done that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your sleepless time was well spent and that you have created a great inspirational page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great work of art! You did a fabulous job. Thanks for much for sharing with us @ Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete