Followers

Saturday, 19 May 2012

Word Art Wednesday #28

The challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday #28 is 2 Timothy 1:7  The word art is provided as a freebie but it is not necessary to use it.  Any scriptural or inspirational quote can be used to make any kind of project.  I have chosen to create a small journal to house my challenge entries and it's lovely to look back at earlier pages.


At first, or even second, glance at this page and you'd think that I had just stuck a piece of patterned paper in my journal and then added the ribbons and the quote.  Wrong!!  I had a few pieces of scrap paper in my box from this paper set (can't remember the make of the paper) and I have trimmed and pieced together the page.  On some I cut around the scalloped edge and on some I used a circle punch to create depth, being able to see the colour underneath.  The grossgrain ribbon is covering a gap where I didn't have enough paper and the sentiment panel is covering a gap where the paper strips weren't long enough so I had to cut them in two and glue them at the edge of the page!  It took ages to get all the strips in the right order


I inked the sentiment in the same colours as the paper and finished off with a ribbon bow

Materials used

Free word art
Nestabilities Labels #8 dies
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Ribbons from HOTP Earth tones
Papers from scrap stash
Glue Dot to attach the bow

4 comments:

  1. Very cute card, and I can tell you worked hard at piecing it all together. Great job! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. I appreciate your participation more than I can express in words.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret...This is beautiful. I love all the wonderful greens. Thank you for your comment on my blog....very much appreciated.
    Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Love the colors.

    Thanks for playing along with WAW.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your handmade background for the card. The punched border strips and the ribbon give this card such a rich feel. Thanks for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete