Followers

Thursday, 10 May 2012

Time to Celebrate

There are three challenges that I can enter in to with this card

Penny Black and More May challenge to celebrate the Royal Jubilee, the Olympics and the red, white and blue of our national flag

Divas by Design challenge #34  one for the boys

Catch the Bug challenge blog  May anything goes


I made the card shape using the Grand Labels #1.  I cut the folded card with the edge about 3mm in from the cutting edge of the die.  Then I stuck four different papers onto a piece of card and fully cut the shape with the same die to form the front of the card.  Overall I think that this card is pretty good :o)


I stamped the sentiment onto white card and coloured it using a duster brush to transfer the ink to blend it in with the backing papers.  I also stamped the bunting onto white card but because I wanted to leave some areas white I went around the stamped image with a Promarker


The flag was already die cut from the paper pack

These days I don't sell my cards, the market seems to have dried up for me, and because I'm still making cards I quickly get a stash.  What I have been doing is making up gift boxes with an assortment of cards and giving them away to family and friends.  However this card won't be given away until I give it to my nephew for his birthday in October

Materials used

Spellbinder's Grand Labels #1 and Grand Calibur
Papermania Portobello Road 6"x6" paper stack including the die cut flag
Time to Celebrate stamp was a cover gift with Craft Stamper magazine
Bunting stamp (used twice to make the garland) from Molly Blooms
Memento ink pads
Adirondack ink pad
Duster brush from Inkylicious
Promarkers
Pinflair 3D gel
Card Candi from Craftwork Cards

15 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card Margaret I love this one
    Hugs Elaine
    WELL DONE !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderful, I love all the different elements that you have here. Thank You so much for shareing with us at Bugaboo this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the colour scheme and the fab papers. I really like the little row of flags at the top too!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so very stunning! I love the jubilee stile so much. xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a fabulous card! how creative of you to match the shape of the flag to the card. thank you for playing along with our london celebrates challenge this month at penny black and more and good luck.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great card Margaret, I love the vintage feel to this one and how the bunting and other elments draw it all together perfectly.

    Thanks so much for joining in with our London Celebrations at Penny Black and More and good luck with the prize draws.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Very beautiful and so appropriate for the up and coming Jubilee celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the shape & the layout is fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Divas this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! Love theThanks for joining us in this weeks challenge at Catch The Bug!

    Becky G colors and shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super card, just perfect for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful card, perfect!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work, thank you for sharing with us at Divas By Design this week. Big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card and perfect for the celebrations. Thank you for joining in the fun at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete