Followers

Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Less is More #69

The Less is More challenge #69 is to use a shaped card.
I am also entering it into

Squigglefly #21 a CAS card

Crafty Sentiments Designs anything goes


To create my card blank I used the largest die in my Nestabilities Blossom set making sure that the folded edge of the card fell inside the die to create the hinge.  I then cut the shape again to use as the front of the card


I folded the front of the card blank in half parallel to the fold and adhered the single shape to the outer half.  I then cut three more shapes using yellow paper for the largest one and stamped the middle size with the flower.  I used my Promarkers to colour the flower 


To finish the card I attached the smallest of the shapes with 3d gel to form the stopper for the easel card.  I topped it with a stamped butterfly which I had glittered using glitter glue

The overall size of the card is 9.5cm, making this a really cute little card
Materials used

Blossom Nestabilities dies
Butterfly and flower stamps from Craft Stamper
Sentiment Woodware Tiny Phrases
Memento ink pad
Promarkers
Pinflair 3D gel
Glitz It glitter glue

7 comments:

  1. Margaret, this is really so pretty! I love how the butterfly props it open! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret,
    Thank you for explaining how it is designed. I am so intrigued by it. Beautiful Card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - love the shape and the butterfly finishes it off nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet card, lovely cheery flower
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Margaret!
    Super clean card... so fresh looking.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret,
    Beautiful card and pretty flower - love the little butterfly stop. Thanks for joining us at Squigglefly's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful project - Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete