Followers

Thursday, 3 May 2012

Less is More #65

As well as entering this card into the Simply Less is More challenge #65  a choice of two sketches

     

I am also entering it into The Pink Elephant challenge #146 Springtime

and
Paper Take Weekly challenge  anything goes



This isn't the first card that I made for these challenges.  I had another one all ready to post and I suddenly realised that I couldn't use it.  You can't post a card into a challenge when it's got a name on it and that person is a blog follower!!


I was looking for something a couple of days ago and I came across the Just For Fun Faux Post cube and the matching stencil which I've not used for years.  Firstly I stamped the dotty square and then the butterfly.  I also stamped the butterfly on to scrap paper and used Pinflair photo glue to hold the mask in place.  I then placed the stencil over it and coloured the background with a Memento ink pad.  I also used the ink pad and stencil to create the stripes on the right-hand side of the card and added the sentiment.  My idea was to colour the butterfly using iridescent medium and water colours but I thought that it looked so neat when I removed the mask that I decided to leave it as it was


A close up of the stamping and colouring including the stripes


Materials used

Just For Fun Faux Post Cube and stencil
Butterfly is the cover gift from a Craft Stamper magazine
Woodware Tiny Phrases acrylic stamp set
Memento ink pads
Pinflair Photo Glue

5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few extra stripes here Margaret, but a super card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! Sorry about that, Chrissie, I only put them on to cover a smudge lol
      Last week not enough white, this time 3 to many stripes :o) I will get the hang of this Less is More style eventually hehe
      Margaret xx

      Delete
  3. A brilliant creation hun! Thanks for joining in at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete