Followers

Sunday, 27 May 2012

Is It Vintage or Shabby Chic?

The challenge at Whimsy Stamps #40 vintage/shabby chic and I'm also entering this card into the following challenges

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #141 where we're encouraged to do something that we are "afraid" of.  This card definitely falls into this category.  I love this style of card but I'm never comfortable with my efforts

Divas by Design #36 fabulous flourishes

Crafty Creations challenge #171 pastels, pearls and lace


As this is totally outside my comfort zone I can see lots of things that don't look right to me!  Mainly the size of the pearls around the scallop edge.  I originally used Liquid Pearls but I still can't get them uniform in size and they're more like little volcanoes than domes.  It was a good job that I had another piece of paper to cut the scallop part of the design.  The pearls I've used are too big but as it's not something that I would use much I don't have a great collection to choose from.  I edged all the papers with ink for definition


I gathered the lace to edge the topper and also used it with ribbon to create the bow.  I stamped the sentiment on to parchment.  I didn't have any of the swirls and flourishes that you can buy already attached to adhesive so used this fine strand or pearls.  It was quite time consuming to arrange and glue them into position lol


I cut the corner details from another sheet of paper and raised them up to add more dimension  

Materials used

Webster's Pages 6x6 papers
Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads
Stamp from a QVC set
Versafine Vintage Sepia ink pad
Pinflair 3D Gel
Glossy Accents - used to adhere the pearls and pearl strand
Lace and ribbon from stash


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Margret,fabulous papers and a lovely layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry,thanks for sharing with us at Whimsy Stamps.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very different for you Margaret but you have done a great job. Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Margaret, I love how you have fixed the lace frill
    Thanks for playing at Diva's this week and good luck with the challenge
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it - I am not comfortable with that style either, you did a great job with it. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margaret,
    Well , I’m back and I have the rest of today free so as to catch up on everyone’s creations since I have been away refurbishing my old house.
    I adore reading the blog’s and looking at all the lovely cards and projects, almost as much as making the cards myself.
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog , its so nice to keep in touch.
    You have been bust what super cards on this page , this card I had to comment on ist its gorgeus what stunning lace and fabulous design .I also love the best wishes card and the happy birthday one above , I like how you have used the H and B for the happy birthday I have those papers they were free in a magazine I think they are gorgeous.
    Great work well done ,
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an amazing job with this card! It's gorgeous! I love all your pearls and lace! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Have a blessed week! ~H

    ReplyDelete