Followers

Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Buttons Galore.....

....... is the challenge over at The Pink Elephant #149

I'm also entering it into the challenge at Allsorts #155  for buttons and bows although I haven't got any bows on this scrapbook page.  I did put some bows on but they just didn't look right so I took them off

Sketchbook 365 to use a layout by Wendy Mckee which is also in the June issue of  Scrap 365



When I received my birthday card from Bronwyne (my first one as a Granny) Michael had used three of the pictures with titles that read across them, happy birthday Granny, it's so cute!  I knew as soon as I saw them that they would make a good scrapbook page.


I'm going to use the yellow striped paper for my journalling but had to give it another title as well as the Flower Power.  I love the saying "Take time to smell the flowers" and felt that it would be ideal to use as with its slight modification lol  It was computer generated and printed onto Safmat (by Letraset) and each word cut out so that I could curve it rather than it being in a straight line



She's such a cutie!
The diecut edge above the photos is actually the waste from when I cut the borders which are underneath them


I don't think that she was impressed with the taste


I used some dome stickers for accent on the bottom of the page but it possibly needs something else too.  It looks a bit empty

Materials used

Layout design by Wendy Mckee
An assortment of papers from my stash including Boofle and the English Paper Company
Buttons, dome stickers and Flower Power sticker from stash
Safmat
Edgeabilities by Spellbinders
Grand Calibur

9 comments:

  1. A super l/o Margaret and love the rows of buttons, just a shame about the bow as that's part of the challenge requirement to be in with a chance of the prizes.

    Non the less thanks for sharing your work with us at Allsorts.


    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda
      I knew it wouldn't count as part of the challenge but thought that it would be ok to share it. I'm trying to get more people looking at my blog

      If you would prefer to delete it from the challenge post that's fine, I understand

      Margaret xx

      ps I hope you don't get our (Wigan) manager,we want to keep him lol

      Delete
  2. Cute lo and lovely use of buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have used those buttons its so effective!

    Sory your not eligible for the Allsorts challenge but I hope you'll join us again soon it really is a wonderful LO

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore buttons. Great use here for the arch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just seen your reply Margaret, it's no problem and I am so pleased you shared your work.

    I don't think Martinez will want to come to Liverpool, especially after doing such a good job for you. My fav (the special one) has just signed a new contract at Real so no idea who we will get, but not impressed with the list so far.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable layout!! Love all the buttons!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super-cute layout. Just beautiful photos and love all those buttons

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos and the all buttons are super-cute! TFS

    ReplyDelete