Followers

Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Take a Letter

The Divas by Design challenge 31 is anything but a card.  I'm also entering it into

Word Art Wednesday #24 which is to use the scriptural word art provided or any other scriptural or inspirational quote

I bought a desk top storage system from Asda for the grand sum of £4.00 and I've altered the letter rack for these two challenges.


 My inspiration for this came from a design by Susan Wherry in the May issue of Craft Stamper magazine


I did consider decorating it with letters but that would be too corny even for me lol


When I glued the decorated card to the letter rack I used paper clips to hold it all together while it dried but, unfortunately, they have left indents but as it's just for me I can live with it :o)


The original project was done using botanical imagery which I was going to use but decided to add my own touch by using flourishes.  Edged the flat edges with a Promarker and distressed the edges with the Memento ink


The rack with the rest of the storage system which I am now going to have to decorate too

Materials used

Rack from Asda
White acrylic paint
Stamps from Crafty Individuals CI=207
Dreams by Debbie Moore
Stazon black ink
Memento Danube Blue
Watercolour paints
Windsor and Newton Iridescent medium
Promarker china blue

12 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea, love it! I do agree you need to decorate the rest now though! Thanks for joining us at Divas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But do I alter them to match or wait for another suitable challenge lol?
      Margaret xx

      Delete
  2. Wow Margaret - what a bargain, and what a beautiful job you have done in altering the letter rack - I love it!

    Hope all is well with you and yours - hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia. It really is a bargain and a good quality too. I'm tempted to buy another set lol
      We're all doing ok but can't wait for the summer and get some heat into these old bones :o)

      Margaret xx

      Delete
  3. This is a brilliant project, Margaret. You found a great bargain, and it turned out SO nicely. Thanks for sharing it with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. You are such a blessing to me, and I pray that you will have a wonderful week filled with God's blessing and provision.
    Hugs,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I just love the stamping you've done and that you found this for such a great deal! I would love to have something like this on my desk. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project, Margaret...good luck with decorating the rest! Thanks for joining the Divas!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous,a fabulous project.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret, this is fabulous, but please help me! I have been dying to have a go at this and have bought a little box from Hobbycraft, but I don't know where to buy the acrylic paint, what the container looks like or what to pay? Please can you let me know what you used and where you got it please? I just want to give the box a coat of white before I do anything else to it. Thanks so much. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, you can get the acrylic paint anywhere that sells art materials and it can be in a bottle or a tube. The one I used for this I bought from the Works made by Crawford and Black,http://www.theworks.co.uk/Acrylic-Paint---White/5052089003187.html, but it's really smelly so you need the window open when you're using it! The one I had before was made by Daler Rowney, http://www.pullingers.com/P~D_R_ACRYLIC~Daler-Rowney-Graduate-Acrylic-120ml-Tube You can get acrylic paint in WH Smith too. I'll send you a message on FB
      Margaret xx

      Delete
  8. Nice project. Love the colors and the stamps on it.


    Thanks for playing along with WAW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the flourishes and the sentiment! Great project!

    ReplyDelete