Followers

Monday, 2 April 2012

So not my style!

I've been following the the blog Word Art Wednesday for a few weeks now and love the word art provided that you can use in the challenge.  The blog is all about creating a project with either the word art provided or a project with another scriptural or inspirational quote.  I am very limited as to who I could send cards following this theme so I made myself a journal so that I can keep my designs all in one place.  I am not really a lace and ribbon or fussy style of card maker but I have seen so many gorgeous creations in this style that I thought that I would give it a try.  The photos show the background as quite a vibrant pink but it is actually paler than that.  As I said in the title this is just not me at all.   So with all this in mind I would really love to read your comments or constructive criticism and, please, be honest as I think it's rubbishy anyway lol


See what I mean about the background?


The Bible is made using pastel oil on water card and changes colour depending on the angle that you look at it.  I added the lace using  texture medium that I've had for ages and never used so I'm hoping that this is the right way to use it.  


I have used a few layers of different textures and embellishments


You can see the reflection of my hand and the camera in this heart lol


My printer can be quite temperamental when it comes to printing on vellum so I used a piece of pre-printed script in silver and printed the quote onto Safmat, cut around it and rubbed it down on a slant .  You can just about see the edge of the Safmat in this shot but it isn't noticeable, unless you get very close, on the page.  I have used a couple of rub-ons too 


Materials used

Acrylic paint
Doily
Vellum
Safmat film
Rub-ons
Metallic embellishments from Mad-About-Cards
Bible using a Sizzix die
Lace
Susan Schweewe Texture Medium

4 comments:

  1. I think this is very pretty! I used to not be into this style of crafting very much, but I do dabble in it quite a bit now! :) You won't see a ton of it on my digital blog (My Uni-verse), but you can see some of my beginning samples on my paper crafting blog (On a Stampage). BUT, this really is fun! And I think you'll end up loving this style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Margaret! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE what you've done with this week's word art. This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you SO MUCH for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. I want you to know how very much I appreciate your participation in our challenges. You are a tremendous blessing to me, and to the blog. I hope to see you again this Wednesday for a new challenge. I can't wait to see what you will make next!!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Margaret. Firstly I think you've interpreted the scripture really well, everything fits the theme and the result is really romantic. I think it's a brilliant idea to store them in a journal, as I no longer supply my village post office with cards so I am looking for ways to be creative without it necessarily being a card, if you see what I mean. This may be a way forward for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Margaret this is quite lovely!! What a wonderful journal cover you created. I love the vintage style and you did one fab job on it!!

    ReplyDelete