Followers

Thursday, 5 April 2012

More Monochrome

I can't believe that I've done a card for Word Art Wednesday  and it's only Thursday!  I'm also entering it into a few other challenges

Word Art Wednesday #22  to use the word art provided, psalm 18:2, or any other scriptural or inspirational quote

Whimsy Stamps challenge #33  to use ribbon

Paper Pretties challenge #200  to make a monochromatic card

Papertake weekly 03/04  anything goes with the option of monochrome


I felt that this particular verse was quite suited to the black/white/grey tones with mentioning rocks, buckle and high tower and also a very masculine card


I used a different font to the one on WAW, again making it more masculine in design.  I inked the edges of the base mat to give it more definition against the background


I used ribbon for the lower border but I didn't have black in the right width.  I changed the colour of some white ribbon the right width by using a permanent marker pen.  It didn't colour it as black but a nice dark grey which softened the look of the whole design.  The buckle, see how I tied that in with the scripture :o), was from my good friend, Trish.

Materials used

Scripture from Word Art Wednesday
Paper, card and ribbon from stash
Permanent black ink pen
Buckle from a Spellbinder's die
Memento inkpad

6 comments:

  1. This is super nice. I love the passage.
    We would like to thank you for Entering Whimsy Stamps inspirations Challenge.

    We hope to see you back next week. Winner will be announced Wed.
    Best of Luck Always,

    Hugs from DT Member For Whimsy Stamps Tammy Ortiz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for His Word! I love how you added that fantastic buckle to tie in with the verse! Wonderful masculine feel to this. Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING. The monochrome is so fabulous with the word art you created! LOVE that ribbon buckle, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome monochromatic card, Margaret! Great job, and thanks SO MUCH for joining us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. We are grateful to you for playing along!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous,Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Sentiments this week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret, this is a really beautiful card... I am a fan of monochrome cards and LOVE this. Love the Word art too! Word Art Wednesday do a fine job with their beautiful freebies each week.

    Hope you had a lovely Easter. We've had lots of April showers but it's been a good break. I was unwell again last week (not had a good start to the year). I ended up having to leave work early to make an emergency GP appointment. I was in terrible pain. Turned out I had a bladder infection. Got antibiotics to help clear it and the pain has certainly eased - thankfully. Not how I wanted to spend Easter, but makes you appreciate days when you feel better, for sure.

    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete