Followers

Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Word Art Wednesday #17

I love making cards and other projects using scriptural and inspirational verses but I'm so limited to who I can give them to.  I did make some plaques last year and sold them on E-Bay for the staggering price of 99p :o( no-one was prepared to offer any more.  Over the weekend I decided that I would make myself a journal where I could add my designs rather than make cards or pictures.  So this morning at 2a.m. I was in my craft room doing the front cover!  Better than just laying in bed, in the dark and not being able to sleep lol

Word Art Wednesday gives a verse of scripture each week which you are free to use in your creations although it isn't necessary to use it.  Anything that you're working on or have completed which uses scripture or inspirational quotes can be uploaded into the challenge.  

So here is my journal, ready to be filled with my designs


I masked off the centre panel before I stamped my flowers


I then coloured the flowers and the background


Before stamping the lettering I went over the centre panel with a very pale wash of pink.  I finished it off by edging the panel freehand (eek! I don't do freehand!) and was very, very adventurous drawing a little flower to the bottom of the panel.  Yes it is a flower and not a smudge of ink lol

Materials used

Crawford and Black watercolour paper 230 gsm
Hero Arts flower stamps CL374
Memento tuxedo black ink pad
Derwent Aqua Tone colour sticks
Crayola watercolour pencils
Clearly Hand stamped by 3 Birds alphabet stamps
Letraset 03 fine liner


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to make a book for all your beautiful Word Art projects. We're always so blessed to have you join us. Thanks for playing along this week. We hope you'll stop by tomorrow to check out our fun new challenge.
    Blessings,
    Karen L - Social Media Coordinator
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete