Followers

Saturday, 31 March 2012

Love is in the Air!

I purchased the word 'Love' in a charity shop along with the word 'Home'.  I've had an idea for a while as to how I wanted to decorate them but never got round to doing them (no surprise there!).  My dear friend, Trish, sent me a big pack of die-cuts, along with some Kanban stamps xx, for my birthday last week.  In them were a couple of filigree butterflies, one of them being exactly the right shade to go with the flower and DP.

I'm entering this project into two challenges

Paper Pretties Wednesday challenge #28 the challenge is to add some bling

The Pink Elephant #141  to use one or more butterflies


The first thing that I did was to go over the back of the word with white acrylic paint to cover a few tiny marks.  I then applied pva to the front, making sure that it was completely covered, and laid it face down on the wrong side of the paper.  I turned it over and made sure that there were no air bubbles or creases.  When it was dry I cut around it as close as I could and then used fine sandpaper to remove any paper that was overhanging the word.  To complete a distressed look I used the white acrylic paint around the edge and then wiped most of it off with my fingers (good job that I like getting messy lol) leaving just a light coveringon the paper.  The paper is a really heavyweight paper and is a joy to work with


I used two flowers, which I overlapped, in the opposite colour way to the paper on the word

 

To add the bling I used a large gem and surrounded it with tear drop gems
I then used 3D gloss in between the stones to keep them in place.  I'm quite
pleased with the effect


Even though the butterfly covers most of the letter e it doesn't block it out completely.  To give it a bit more support I attached it to acetate with the 3d gloss and when it was dry I cut it out around the edge.  I also added the gloss onto the body of the butterfly to give it some dimension

Materials used

Word from a charity shop
Paper and flowers from the Papermania Capsule Collection
Butterfly from Cheery Lynn
Anita's 3D Gloss
Acrylic paint
Gems from stash
Hot glue gun to affix the flower and the butterfly



3 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job of recycling on this one, looks pretty in the pinks. fab flower and lovely butterfly too.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret...this looks wonderful and so pretty. Great job.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation Margaret! Love the beautiful flower and delicate butterfly. Just lovely!!! Luv & Hugs, Trish x

    ReplyDelete