Followers

Thursday, 8 March 2012

First Journal Page!!!

As you may have seen on a previous post HERE I have made a small journal in which I intend to put my entries in for the Word Art Wednesday challenges.  I am normally on the last minute with these but I am so excited by this yet to be filled little book that I couldn't wait to complete my first page.

This week's Word Art Wednesday challenge is to use a quote by Mother Teresa.  As always it isn't necessary to use the word art provided, any scriptural or inspirational work is welcome.  So with no more ado here's my page :o)  I hope that you like it


I only did a single page design as I didn't want to be too ambitious


I cropped the border from the art work provided as I wanted to put it into a circle.  I printed it out first on a piece of paper and then cut a piece of watercolour paper which I adhered to the printed quote in order to get it in the right place.  After I had re-printed it I used my Nestabilities to cut it out in a circle and a backing card with the scalloped circle


It was a bit tricky using three colours on this stamp and after a couple of practice prints I felt that it didn't look too bad


The grass was stamped with the same ink pad that I used to create the background

Materials used

Grass stamp by Inkyliscious
All the other stamps are by Crafty Individuals
Memento and Adirondack ink pads
Nestability circle and petite scalloped circle
Lilac card from stash scrap

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Margaret! Lovely background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your journal page is absolutely fabulous, margaret!! and your color palette is so nice and soft.....beautiful! hope you have a happy weekend!! xox

    ReplyDelete