Followers

Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Creative Card Crew challenge #6

 Our challenge this month at Creative Card crew is to create a vintage card.  To me vintage usually means lace, ribbon and flowers in muted tones but I decided to create a male card.  I've a couple of male cards to make over the next few weeks so it will be used for one of those.  Our sponsor for this challenge is Simon Says Stamp

I'm entering this card into the Paper Pretties Wednesday challenge #196 which is for a masculine card


Apart from the clock paper the papers, tags and sentiment are from a Making Cards Special edition for male cards.  I used the distress ink around the edges of all the paper panels and the base cad stock


I edged the tags, did random lines on the papers and covered the Card Candy with a Quickie Glue Pen,  When they had all dried I dipped them into gold leaf and then rubbed it to take off the excess


The sentiment is attached with brads


A close up of the covered Card Candy

Materials used

Clock paper from a pack of 12 x 12 from Costco
Remainder of papers and tags from a Making Cards special edition
Card Candy
Variegated Copper gilding flakes from Crafty Notions
Quickie glue pen
Brads from stash
Tim Holtz Distress ink Vintage photo
3D foam pads 

3 comments:

  1. Margaret this is awesome and it is a lucky man that receives this.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, you have a real talent for this kind of card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this masculine card -- so many details and so neat!

    ReplyDelete