Followers

Tuesday, 27 March 2012

April Showers at the Creative Card Crew

Here is my creation for the Creative Card crew challenge #7 where the challenge is Spring.

We are sponsored by the Stamp Fairy and they are giving a $10 gift voucher for our winner to spend in their store.  There are plenty of fabulous designs to choose from so do pay them a visit to check out the store.

I have chosen to use one of the Patsy April showers digi stamps


I love using blue, yellow and green together for spring designs.  
Sunny skies and "a host of golden daffodils" 


I used a fine point Promarker to do the three dot pattern on the white background and joined each set together with a drop of 3D gloss.


I used the same pen to go around the die-cut before I took it out of the die and to give colour to the puddle. I added more 3D gloss to the puddle and the splashes, as they are on the design.

The plastic tip of the gloss bottle has grown larger the more I've used it and the gloss was starting to come out too fast, making fine lines or dots difficult to make.  I already had a fine tip glue applicator with a metal tip which I use for pva and is really, really fine so I decided to get another one for the gloss and it works perfectly.
I bought it from the Fine Tip Co and would certainly recommend them.  I think I'll be ordering one for my glitter glue next

Materials used

Digi stamp from Stamp Fairy
Papers from stash
ProMarkers
Anita's 3D Gloss
Spellbinders Label #1 Nestabilities
Pinflair 3D gel
Computer generated sentiment


3 comments:

  1. Margaret, this is adorable! So cute... makes me want to get my digital stamps out and create!!! Haven't had a 'card' moment for ages either! Still got some crafting stuff left, so who knows... Hope you have a lovely week.

    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Margaret! She is so adorable puddle jumping...the soft and pretty floral DP looks so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret - this is such a pretty card - the image is super-cute and the colouring is fabulous. Thanks for the tip about the "tip" (couldn't resist the pun - sorry)!!
    Have a happy weekend - hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete