Followers

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Word Art Wednesday

I am entering this project into three challenges

Word Art Wednesday using the scripture "The Joy of the Lord is my strength Nehemiah 8:10
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/2012/02/challenge-13-winner-and-guest-designer.html

Allsorts challenge #140, free and easy
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/02/week-140-free-easy-february-pt1.html

Papertake Weekly, anything goes
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/2012/02/anything-goes.html


The scripture used on this plaque is one of my favourites. The Bible verse is actually "your strength" but for this project is the more personal "my", the joy of the Lord has definitely been my strength over the past few years. I have a fridge magnet with the verse on it. I think that the verse is suited to this more masculine design. I distressed all the edges of the plaque and papers to soften the overlays and add colour to the edge of the chipboard that I have used as the base.


I have the Card Candy in quite a few pastel colours but I also bought a big tub of white candy which I colour to match what I'm making. It's good to be able to have any colour I want in one tub :o) Also it doesn't lose any of it's pearlescent quality when coloured, as you can see by the shine.


The back of the plaque has the same pattern as the main backing paper but in white and pale blue

Materials used

Computer generated Bible verse from Word Art Wednesday
Chipboard
HOTP 8x8 Heritage paper stack
Card Candy from Craftwork Cards
Spellbinder's Nestabilities Labels #1 in standard, small and Grande
Grand Calibur
Tim Holtz DI Weathered wood
3D Collall gel
Black ProMarker
Crop-a-Dile
Cord from stash

7 comments:

  1. This is fab. Thanks so much for putting it on, I am going to make a Valentine version, will show you when I get a mo and link back to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you like it, Jane. Looking forward to seeing your version :o)
      Margaret xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Margaret! Thanks so much for linking up this beautiful project in our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. It's always a blessing to have you join us and to see your lovely work!
    Have a great week.
    Blessings,
    Karen L - Social Media Coordinator
    Word Art Wednesday
    P.S. Don't forget our Blog Hop starting on Thursday, Feburary 9.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments, Karen. I'm looking forward to the blog hop
      Margaret xx

      Delete
  3. A gorgeous hanger
    Thank you so much for entering our FREE & EASY challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Fleur... this is beautiful Margaret and so well finished off. You are a really tidy crafter. I am not so tidy when it comes to papercrafting... I think that's why digi scrapbooking is ideal for me... I can sort any mistakes easily and not get covered in glitter and glue! I still can't bring myself to part with all my papercraft stash however... pity 'cos I need the space. Hope you are having a good week. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Margaret for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly with this beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete