Followers

Sunday, 19 February 2012

What's black and white and "read" all over?

My card(s) for the Papertake Weekly challenge  I'm not truly happy with these cards but as I've made them I'll show them


I couldn't make my mind up as to do a black background with a red topper or a red background with a black topper so I did both


can't you tell that I'm not a ribbon person? I must have tried about 4 ribbons for each card in various widths and styles so stuck to the many ribbons that I've taken from tops!!


I edged all the cards with an ink pad which is my "in" technique of the moment


With using the chandeliers the sentiment needed to be fancy rather than plain

Materials used

Chandelier stamp free with Craft Stamper magazine
Sentiment from Papercraft Inspirations magazine
Memento inks in Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug red
Ribbon from stash
3D foam squares

It has been noticed that I use an awful lot of freebie stamps lol but for the ones that I use I must have had twice as many that I've never used nor likely too .  It's the same with the freebie papers, I've lost count of how many 6"x6" paper pads and stamps that I've sold on E-Bay, always showing and mentioning in the description that they were a free cover gift from a magazine.  But what I want to know is how come I spend so much on papers etc when I use so many freebies.  Answers on a postcard please lol

5 comments:

  1. I think they turned out gorgeous Margaret! Thank you so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby dabby do! Hello my friend - love what you have done with this stamp - not used mine yet! Finally managed to leave you a comment! Luv n hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my world lol Where's your blog then?????

      Delete
    2. No idea! Do I have time for one? Viv xx

      Delete
    3. Of course you do, as much or as little you want. It'll give you something to do when you're not working hehehehe!!!!!

      Delete