Followers

Thursday, 23 February 2012

Spring is in the air!

I've not been very productive this week with my card making.  I'm hoping to redeem myself by entering this card into several challenges

Catch the Bug sketch challenge

Allsorts challenge #142  Anything goes

Sew Many Challenges #82   2 designer papers and 4 or more gems, I've substituted the gems with Card Candy so I hope that's ok

Squigglefly #7 Bright and sunny, to use yellow

Crafty Individuals February challenge Spring, must use at least one CI product

Paper Pretties Monday challenge  Spring

I've made this card for my daughter to give to her godson with his Easter egg


This card qualifies for spring with more than just the season with the bunny bouncing around on a pogo stick


I cut the bunny using an oval Nestabilities die but I had cut around the ears so that I could pull them through the die so that they wouldn't get cut.  There must be a proper name for this technique


A nice sunny Easter sentiment


I started out with my Card Candy collection by buying a pastel set and a bright set and quickly realised that I would want a lot more colours and would need a couple of storage containers to keep them all separate.  Then I had a brainwave!  Just bought a big pot of white and now colour my own using ProMarkers or ink pads to co-ordinate with the rest of the card

Materials used

2 papers from the Crafty Individuals paper book #3 Springtime
Pre printed LOTV image, a magazine freebie
ProMarkers 
Oval & oval scallop Nestability dies
Memento ink pad, Dandelion
Card Candy  
Collall 3D gel

10 comments:

  1. Perfect card for Easter and Spring for your daughter's godson! Thanks for joining us in the CI Challenge this month. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my this is just precious! I love the cute image and your coloring is wonderful! Adorable layout and papers too. Super clever to color your embellishments to match! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge. I hope you'll play again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable card! love your coloring! thanks for playing this weeks sketch challenge at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Margaret and I love that sweet bunny!
    Thanks for entering our Anything Goes challenge over at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute and springy! Great colors! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us in our “sketch” challenge at Catch The Bug! Good Luck! ~~Sammibug~~ Guest Designer For Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your interpretation of the sketch!Thanks for joining us on Bugaboo's Catch the Bug Sketch Challenge this week. Good luck in the draw! I look forward to your entry in the next challenge.
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very cute card and lovely spring colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How totally adorable! Thanks for joining our Squigglefly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card Margaret. Love that cheerful little bunny.

    Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at the CI Challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete