Followers

Thursday, 16 February 2012

Less is More #54 stripes

Firstly I'd like to say welcome to my new follower, Marcia.  I hope that you enjoy what you see, here on my blog

This week's challenge at Simply Less is More is a one layer card with stripes.  There are lots of ways to add stripes, stamp them, print them, emboss them, draw them but everything I thought of either didn't work out as I wanted or I felt that they were too close in similarity to other cards submitted.  So I thought that I would leave it for now and concentrate on other challenges.  The Play Date Cafe challenge is black, white with a hint of hot pink.  So as I was scouring my boxes for something in hot pink a light went on in the old brain and so my LIM card was born!!!

So this card is being entered into the following challenges

Whimsy challenge #26 anything but a square card

The Play Date Cafe challenge to use black, white and a hint of hot pink

Less is More #54 a one layer card with stripes


When I came across my set of  stitches stamps I remembered about the set of stamps that I got as a magazine freebie which had the dress form included.  I chose to use the chain stitch stamp for this card


I always stamp onto scrap paper to make sure that I get a good impression.  The edges of the stamp seemed a bit raggedy so I rubbed it over with fine emery paper.  I have always been dubious about attacking my stamps with sandpaper until I tried it with a Silky Mitt paper.  They're the ones that you can buy in most chemists or shops like Superdrug and Bodycare, and are meant to be used  to rub away  hair growth.  They give really good results with the stamps


The areas on the dress form which were left white I decided to add the hot pink colour to match the challenge using the Cerise ProMarker with a fine nib.  With using the fine nib the colour hasn't seeped through the card


A simple sentiment from the freebie set of stamps

Materials used

Dress form and sentiment from a freebie set of stamps from Simply Homemade
Chain stitch stamp from Tanda Stamps (or is it T and A stamps?)
Memento ink in   Tuxedo Black
Tim Holtz DI Worn Lipstick
Cerise Promarker with a fine nib

9 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret, your card is lovely, I just bought that magazine yesterday - thanks for the tip about the stamp edges, I had heard that before but was also a bit dubious about doing it.
    Good luck in the challenge,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Margaret... and original too!
    You seem to do well with freebie stamps!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an unusual & striking card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! I had thought about using these very stamps but then couldn't think what else to put with it. The LIM challenge has bugged me all week, but I'm still stumped so I'll have to leave it. I love your dress form, I have one on my wish list (liking the Tim Holtz die atm actually).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your chain stitch stripes - fab CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that dress form Margaret
    super card, the stripes really set it off
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I love the chain stripes, and that dress form is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card with gorgeous colours.

    Thankyou so much for joining us this week at Whimsy.
    xoxxoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete