Followers

Friday, 3 February 2012

Less is More #52

We were given a sketch to follow for this card and for it to stay exactly as it is.
http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/2012/01/week-52-sketch.html


I had intended this card to be for my nephew's birthday using a birthday sentiment. Instead I used the sentiment that is in the stamp set turning it into a card that you could send as a sympathy card to a man. Most sympathy designs seem to have flowers on them which might not be suitable for the person it is being sent to


I used post-it notes to mask the card either side of the panel that I wanted to create. I also masked the lighthouse after stamping it on to the card and added the background colour with an ink duster


I'm not really happy with the rocks at the base of the lighthouse, they look a little bit faded and jaded! As the stamps are clear I might go back to it and do the rocks again. If I do and it's successful I'll change the photos too


I love this sentiment, it is such a comforting thought.


Materials used

Stamps from Inkylicious
Memento inks for the outlines, grasses and the sentiment
Tim Holtz distress inks for colouring
Silver peeloff borders

9 comments:

  1. I love this sentiment too Margaret... it's a lovely card and perfect for our challenge!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card and a beautiful sentiment.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Margaret, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever idea for a card, and the sentiment is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Margaret... love cards which look this stunning despite not having loads of embellies, etc. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful thought and beautifully "dressed"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that sentiment and it's just perfect with that fab image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card for a man. Janny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful peaceful card Margaret :) I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete