Followers

Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Happy Birthday!

As there are quite a few challenge blogs having a birthday or anything goes challenges this week I'm entering this card into five challenges. Any more than that and I'll only confuse myself lol

ABC Challenge is I for In Pairs
http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-for-in-pairs.html

Sew Many Challenges #80, is Birthday
http://sewmanychallenges.blogspot.com/2012/02/challenge-80-birthday.html

Squigglefly Challenge #5 Birthday cards
http://squigglefly.blogspot.com/2012/02/squigglefly-challenge-5-birthday-cards.html

Sundays with Crissy #26 Happy Birthday
http://sundayswithcrissy.blogspot.com/2012/02/challenge-26-happy-birthday-sarahs-turn.html

Papertake Weekly challenge is Anything goes
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/2012/02/anything-goes.html



This is the first time that I've used this image and it's so cute


On a card like this I'm not a lover of white space so I've filled some of the space with a random three dot pattern. Saw this on Create & Craft with Mel Heaton a while back and I really like the effect


This little bunny looks as though she wants to eat all the cakes. Can't say that I blame her, I think they look pretty good too lol


I've distressed all the edges of the papers and card using another Mel Heaton tip. She recommended that when you're inking edges don't use the ink pad direct as it can damage the surface in making it rough. She advised to use a piece of Cut and Dry foam to lift the ink and then apply it

Materials used

Stamped image from LOTV
Sentiment stamp was a magazine freebie
Backing paper from Making Cards magazine
Memento ink pad
ProMarkers
This time I used 3D foam pads to raise the images
Crop=a-dile Corner Chomper

13 comments:

  1. so cute! Thanks for joining in our squigglefly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute DP with the teapots! and a sweet image too, beautifully coloured - I like the 3 dot pattern too. Fab card,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling image and your coloring is just exquisite! I love how you used the dots to fill in the white space! thanks for playing in Squigglefly's birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, your card is absolutely adorable! Thanks for joining us at Squigglefly and we hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwh this is ever so sweet!!! like the sentiment style:) Thanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely get 10/10 for cuteness! I love the backing paper, too, perfect for this stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Thanks for playing with us at Squigglefly! Cheers, Holley http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bunnies! Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Margaret,

    Had to come say HI and so glad I did because I got to see your PRECIOUS card! How could one not be all soft and gooey and happy after seeing that?

    I so appreciated your visit to my blog too! Hope you get good use out of my Froggie cut file.

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh.... it so cute. I really love it! Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges!
    Kaia, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely and sweet card!! Thanks for joining us at ABC!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww so cute beautiful work thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Margaret, such an adorable image!!!

    ReplyDelete