Followers

Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Creative Card Crew Humour challenge #5

Our Creative Card Crew challenge #5 is sponsored by Bugaboo stamps with the challenge to make your cards humourous

I've had this image sitting on my craft table for over a week but I was just stuck as to I was going to use it.  We went to our son's house for the weekend as it was our granddaughter's Christening yesterday.  My daughter in law, Aisling, has lots of kitchen ware in the Cath Kitson style including an apron.  She came through to the lounge to tell us that our Sunday dinner was almost ready to be served.  As soon as I saw her I knew how I was going to use the image.  She was all rosy cheeked and had a glass of wine in her hand.  Perfect inspiration!


Our Sunday dinner didn't come in a pizza box lol and was most enjoyable.  It was good to see Bronwyne tucking in to her dinner too.  She's really enjoying eating solids and enjoys most things


My father-in law had sent Aisling a grey chiffon scarf and she used it to keep her hair out of the way while she was cooking.  Another great match to the image.  I added stripes to the apron and pink and green dots to try and represent flowers on the fabric.  The pink doesn't show up very well in the photos but it's noticeable in the flesh


A strip of narrow ribbon down the centre of the card helped to line up the two panels

Materials used

JJ  Housework - Eat out and sentiment from Bugaboo
I used Promarkers to colour the image and Memento ink pads to edge the card stock
Papers, brads and ribbon from stash

7 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely, Margaret...such beautiful papers and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What superb inspiration for this wonderful card Margaret! Love the colours and papers - they are so reminiscent of Cath Kidston designs. The sentiment is fab.too!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Margaret! That´s the perfect card for busy ladys! ;)

    Margaret, I´m a aunty!!! The baby our family was waiting for was born yesterday at 10:58p.m. It´s a cute little girl and her name is Agnes. That´s the name of her greatgrandma too. We all can´t wait to see her. I will let you know if I have a photo!

    xx
    Bianca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to all, Bianca. I'll make a new post later with some photos of Bronwyne at her Christening
      Margaret xx

      Delete
  4. Fab card Margaret (that was me a few days ago, i.e. Mrs Mop). Hope you had a lovely day at the Christening. Bronwyne is such a little cutie. I loved her photo in the email Margaret. I will email you a reply this weekend. Little 'Poppy' still hasn't made an appearance into the world yet. She's over a week late now. She's going to be like her mum and keep everyone waiting!!! It's exciting... speak to you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good :D

    Can't wait to see Bronwyne's photos. She is ever such a cutie... We are still awaiting little 'Poppy' being born. She's just like mum - likes to keep you waiting!!! It's exciting though :D

    Will email you this weekend Margaret. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Margaret. This is so me, more wine in me than the food. Lol!!! Looking forward to working with you.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete