Followers

Friday, 10 February 2012

Christmas Card #9

Not doing too bad with the Christmas cards. I'll easy have them all done if I carry on as I am doing :o)

I'm entering it into two challenges

2012 Christmas Card Challenge # 10 which is to create your own background
http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.com/2012/02/2012-christmas-card-challenge-week-10.html

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #125 is to create a card with a love theme. The challenge is inspired by the Scripture: John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life..."
http://stampinsistersinchrist.blogspot.com/2012/02/challenge-125-john-316.html



I created the background by stamping tiny snowflakes in silver directly on to the card


What better way to celebrate the love shown by God but in acknowledgement of the arrival of His Son into our world


This stamp shows the names that are attributed to God and Jesus. I love the verse Isaiah 9:6 which foretells the names of Jesus.

Materials used

Stampendous Tiny Babe stamp
Hero Arts Holiday rubber stamps, the snowflakes
Versacolour silver ink pad
Heat It Up! clear embossing powder
Spellbinder's Lattice rectangle die
Grand Calibur
Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! thanks for playing along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. Great background. Thanks for playing with CCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, what a lovely background you made for a wonderful occasion!!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret, gorgeous card. Lovely stamp and background. Luv Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, love the silver embossing.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment for the hop.
    Hugs & Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! you are so very organised Margaret... I never got around to making any cards for Christmas 2011 but perhaps this year... I can hope! I guess if I started now, I would have some made in time as it's always a rush nearer the time.

    Lovely card - your designs are always beautiful. Hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete