Followers

Friday, 3 February 2012

Blissful in Lilac

I'm entering this card into three challenges. I found one of the challenges quite difficult to decide upon but once I had the others fell into place quite naturally. It required that we were to be "true to our own style". I know that I don't do fussy with lots of flowers, lace etc but, my own style? If anyone can enlighten me on this matter please let me know lol So, on to the challenges

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #124, based on the scripture Philippians 4:8 to create a card or project true to our own style
http://stampinsistersinchrist.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-124-ph-48.html

Play Date Cafe PDCC117, using colours blue, pink and lilac in pastel shades
http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/2012/02/play-date-cafe-challenge-pdcc117.html

The Pink Elephant TPE133, to use 1 image, 2 papers and 3 buttons. This is where I might come unstuck as a challenge entrant as I didn't have any tiny buttons that matched the colours so I've substituted them with gems. I understand if you want to delete me from the challenge because of this :o(
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/2012/01/pink-elephant-tpe133.html


This is one of my favourite stamps. I love colouring her in but I also love paper piecing her dress and bag.


I think I should have carried the highlights on her hair right round to the back. Eventually I'll get hair right lol


A close up of the image


Showing the detail of the paper and the gems

Materials used

Blissful stamp from Little Claire
Papers from the HOTP Friendship 8x8 paper pad
Nestabilities large oval and scalloped oval dies
Edgeabilities Classic Bracket die
Promarkers
Ranger Sea Shells Cloudy Blue ink pad
3D Collall gel Computer generated sentiment
Gems from stash

11 comments:

  1. So cute! I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup, a cardmaking celebration...

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/02/52-card-pickup-week-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is lovely and your image is sweet as can be. Thanks so much for joining us this week in the Play Date Cafe... we hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable! Love the colors and the coloring! So glad you could join us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Margaret with the precious little girl! I love the dp you used with her such soft girly colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, gorgeous image and love how you've coloured her, mmm... love purple and that hair is fab!
    I like the size of the card too.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet!! Thank you so much for playing along with TPE this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is FAB Margaret. Thanks for letting me no about the candy. I would have missed it. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sweet card Margaret. Luv Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!!!! Regarding your comment on my felt flowers, they were cut from wool felt (which cuts beautifully) using a metal die cut set from Papertrey Ink. Their prices are quite reasonable and quality is awesome, not to mention the most darling products. Thanks for asking. have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card, thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete