Followers

Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Word Art Wednesday

The challenge for this weeks challenge was to use the Bible verse "I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him" 1 Samuel 1:27 I thought that it would be ideal to use it in this scrapbook page of my granddaughter, Bronwyne.
I also used a sketch by Marsha Valk in this month's issue of Scrap 365 magazine


When I was looking for papers to use for this layout all the baby style papers that I had looked washed out and completely un-inspirational. I ended up using these very vibrant papers from Kaisercraft's Candy Lane range. For all the colour in them I think that the photos still catch the eye as being the focal point of the page


I decided that I wanted to make all the flower embellishments as the papers are all double-sided so I had plenty of choice of co-ordinating patterns. I enjoy making these rosettes and often use a border punch or a pattern cutting blade. I used an ink pad to edge some of the flowers


The sketch shows the journalling under the photos but my writing is so bad that I can't have it on show lol


I cut a line across the page and used it to hold tags where I had done my journalling. I inked the edge of the cut to give it definition


I left a gap in the adhesive for the photo panel by the group of flowers at the top of the layout


I used the gap to put another hidden tag, this time with the Bible verse on it

Materials used

Kaisercraft papers and tags from the Candy Lane range
Buttons from stash
Paper string
Card Candy
Collall 3D gel
Memento ink pad Rose Bud
Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet dies

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout--and I LOVE the papers you've used! This is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your page Margarete! The photos are so wonderfull and Bronwnwyne is so very cute! We are still waiting for the baby in our family. It will be a little girl and we all can´t wait to see her in March. xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete