Followers

Friday, 13 January 2012

Thank You card

I'm entering this card into the following challenges

Crafty Creations #152, use something new. I used my Grand Calibur which I got yesterday :o)
http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-152-something-new.html

Gem of a Challenge #37, photo inspiration
http://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-37.html

My card

The design of this card is the result of another "happy accident"! My intention was to do overlays of the cut edge giving a colour layered edge to the card but when I cut the first patterned paper I had actually used the die the opposite way round which meant that they fitted together forming a diamond pattern. Not be defeated by the wrong cut I cut the other two layers so that they would repeat the pattern giving a nice jacquard design instead. I also put a piece of the top paper behind the cut edge of the base card.


I mounted the rose decoupage onto a piece of the same cream card and edged it using a ProMarker letting the ink bleed a little in places before putting it on to the card.


A close up of the jacquard design. After it was all together I thought that I should have edged all the layers with the ProMarker too. Instead I used a fine tip on the same pen that I used for the rose to draw lines along the edge of each paper


The sentiment was cut from a die in the Cuttlebug Olivia font die set. again I edged this with the ProMarker allowing it to bleed in a little. I thought that it took away any harsh line and looked more in keeping with the pink and cream backing paper

Materials

Spellbinders Grand Calibur and Edgeability Classic Ric Rac die
Cuttlebug Olivia font die, thanks
Decoupage rose, no name on the sheet and I can't remember where I bought it
Top paper from the Papermania Colossal 12x12 paper stack
Patterned paper free with Simply Homemade magazine
ProMarker pen
Collal 3D gel

2 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret, beautiful card! Enjoying your new toy then. Sent you an email re the tutorial for the flowers I had made. Did you get it? Luv & Hugs Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Margaret! Glad to see you're having fun with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete