Followers

Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Seeing Red, Creative Card Crew DT

Our second challenge of the year at the Creative Card Crew is Seeing Red and is sponsored by Pizzazz A Plenty. Again, apologies for no direct links but Blogger is still not behaving properly

My very dear friend, Trish sent me the Spellbinder's Lattice Rectangles Nestability dies for Christmas so I decided to make her a thank you card using one of the dies


I am really pleased with this card, I think that I'll be making more like this one.


I created the flower embellishment using a flower loom and paper string. I didn't have any red string so I stamped the red ink pad on to my glass cutting mat, misted a bit of water into it and then let the pink paper string soak up the colour


A simple sentiment finishes the card nicely


Materials used

Spellbinder's Lattice Rectangle dies
Cuttlebug
Sentiment from Clearly Hand Stamped from Crafter's Companion
Ink It Up red ink pad
Paper string
Button
Flower Loom, free gift with this month's Simply Homemade magazine
Stix 2 large Glue Dots

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely, what a brilliant way to colour the string.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret...beautiful card. Love the reds. Must have a go with my flower loom.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret, a beautiful card, just love that paper flower and fab diecut, that was a lovely present.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty; and that flower you have created...WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete