Followers

Saturday, 28 January 2012

Happy Highlights and Christmas

I'm entering this card into two challenges

Papertake Weekly Happy Highlights, using gloss or glitter
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/2012/01/happy-highlights.html

2012 Christmas Cards #8, colouring
http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.com/2012/01/2012-christmas-card-challenge-week-8.html


I really like this stamp which I only used once for Christmas 2011 but I'm intending to use it as my card for friends and neighbours this year so I'll get plenty of use from it.


The gloss on the baubles isn't quite set as yet, you can still see some opacity on a couple of them. I wanted to make sure that I could get the card uploaded in time for the 2012 Christmas card but I'm in plenty of time :o)


My cutting out around the image isn't too bad but wouldn't it be lovely to have a die to do it for me by Christmas. Me thinks I might get in touch with LOTV to see if there is anything in the pipeline

Materials used

Image stamp from LOTV
Sentiment stamp from Dovecraft
Memento inkpad Cottage Ivy
White gel pen, for highlighting on the baubles
Glossy Accents
3D foam tape
ProMarkers

7 comments:

  1. I adore this stamp and love the fact that it's big. It's still on my wish list, but I'm sure I'll be ordering it any time soon. Love what you've made. I thoroughly enjoy that kind of cutting out but a puch or die would be good, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love how you've popped out the image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous CAS card Margaret. Love the image. Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! What a great idea to pop up the image like that. Thanks for sharing at CCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful stamp!
    Thanks for joining CCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the elegant look of this card, great colors on all the ornaments!! Take care!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely stamp, beautifully coloured too, I'm sure your friends and neighbours will appreciate it. I've got some Christmas stamps that have only been used once too so will have to give them an airing for 2012.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete