Followers

Friday, 13 January 2012

G for Green

I'm entering this card into the following challenges

ABC challenge, G for Green
http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/2012/01/g-for-green.html

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #121, support/encouragement/support
http://stampinsistersinchrist.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-121-phil-23-4.html

Allsorts #136, paper piecing
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/01/week-136-paper-piecing.html


I used the same stamp on the background as for the main image


The flower was paper pieced using three different designs of the same colour. It doesn't really show up that there are three designs. Normally when I do paper piecing I cut the layers so that they sit snuggley inside each other. With the stamping being embossed I didn't want to run the risk of the embossing cracking if I cut it very close. In each of the layers I cut the centres out at the inside edge of the layer. This meant that the upper layers sat slightly on top of the underneath embossing giving a slightly raised edge to each of the layers. I think that I'll try this again but using papers that are visibly different.


A slight mishap with the sentiment not being straight led me to do a second generation stamp above and below it. I did those at a definite angle hoping to achieve the result that they're all exactly where I wanted them to be lol

Materials used

Flower and sentiment stamps from the Now and Always Ippity stamp set
Versamark ink pad
White embossing powder
Papers from the Papermania Colossal 12 x 12 paper stack
Adirondack ink pads, black soot and juniper

5 comments:

  1. Great card love that shade of green,

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely card Margaret, such an elegant feel to it.

    Thank you so much for joining in my Paper Piecing theme at Allsorts this week and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all the lovely layers in that card, so elegant. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant. Wonderful example of paper piecing and definitely green.

    Thanks for joining us at ABC.

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card!!!! Thanks for playing with us at ABC Challenge
    hugs

    ReplyDelete