Followers

Tuesday, 24 January 2012

First Christmas card of 2012

I'm entering this card into 4 challenges

Paper Pretties Wednesday challenge #189
, to use glitter
http://paperprettiesblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/paper-pretties-wednesday-challenge_18.html

Simply Less is More #51, to use an aperture
http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/2012/01/week-51-theme.html

ABC Christmas Anything Goes
http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/01/for-anything-goes.html

Sew Many Challenges #78 for circles
http://sewmanychallenges.blogspot.com/2012/01/78-circles.html


I stamped the image through the aperture and, luckily, got it in the right place. Not bad considering I have tremors in my hands


After punching out the snowflakes I stuck them around the aperture


and one in each corner


A close up of the stamped image

Materials used

Stamp was a cover gift with Craft Stamper
Large circle Nestabilities
Small Carl snowflake punch
Memento Lilac Posies ink pad
Anit's 3D Gloss
Glamour Dust fine glitter

8 comments:

  1. Wow, nearly the end of January and I've not made a Christmas card yet, I've thought about it, you've spurred me on to try and get one done. Love yours, white with a touch of colour looks fab, great idea to trim the aperture with the snowflakes, Gorgeous
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy. I decided at Christmas that I was going to have get more organised with my cards for this year. So I've added a couple of Christmas challenge blogs to my list
      Margaret xx

      Delete
  2. Great card. I love the embellishments. I have the magazine and the free stamp as well. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Julie. I might do some more but in different colours, it was so easy to do
    Margaret :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty Margaret, the snowflakes surrounding the aperture look terrific.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow can't believe you got christmas cards started already. love your card and the stamp one of my favs. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snowflakes going round the aperture and well done on getting started with your Christmas cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those snowflakes look lovely Margaret
    Pretty card

    Thank you so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete