Followers

Friday, 13 January 2012

Faith Blooms

I'm on a roll with all these cards I've made this week!!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges

Stampin' Sisters in Christ, a card to give encouragement, thinking of you etc
http://stampinsistersinchrist.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-121-phil-23-4.html #121

Paper Pretties Wednesday challenge PWC188,use the sentiment as the focal point
http://paperprettiesblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/paper-pretties-wednesday-challenge_11.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FVtHto+%28Paper+Pretties+Blog%29

Word Art Wednesday #10, the challenge this week is based around the scripture Genesis 2:24 but any project of faith or inspirational quotes is welcome
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/2012/01/word-art-wednesday-challenge-10.html


sorry about the long links but Blogger still won't let me post links properly


I decided to make this a gate fold card to give a separation between the two parts of the sentiment but I don't think that you can get a good photo of it standing up and laying down isn't perfect but it will do


The first half of the sentiment. I stamped the background of the toppers with the same stamp as the coloured image using Memento Desert Sand ink pad


The second part of the sentiment


To stop the paper string from slipping I cut tiny notches into the card to grip the string. I distressed all the edges of the toppers and card.

Materials used

Faith Blooms from Ippity Stamps
Memento ink pads for stamping
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo for distressing
HOTP backing paper
Paper string
Collall 3D gel

7 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret! Your card is just beautiful. I would like to invite you to link it up over at the Sister Site of Stampin' Sisters in Christ. It's called Word Art Wednesday, and you can link it up at: wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - We would LOVE to have you join us.
    Blessings,
    Karen - Social Media Coordinator
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the way you altered your paper. I'm really into that too. The final flower in dark pink is stunning against the antique looking background!
    I agree with Karen L-come ck us out @ Word Art Wednesday. I think you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card, love how you did the background. Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beatiful card, hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, I love the raffia hugging the flowers and the way it opens up. Very nice. Thank you for sharing your art with us at my Word Art Wednesday challenge blog! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is so beautiful! I love your colors and technique for this and how it opens too! Thanks so much for joining us at Thanks so much for joining us at
    Stampin Sisters in Christ Challengesthis week! *Ü*

    ~Kris
    SSIC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this tribute to faith! It's beautiful--your stamping is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete