Followers

Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Creative Card Crew Snowy Day DT Project

Welcome to my first creation of 2012!! Our first challenge of the year is keeping with the wintry weather that some of us have had over the last couple of weeks "Snow Day" The challenge is sponsored by http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/StoreFront (sorry but Blogger is not letting me put a proper link into my post)

I took these photos in 2010 and it's taken me two years to scrap them!! The main photo is really blue but that's exactly as it was captured by the camera, no editing at all. I wanted the layout to be totally snowy and have used several different papers and embellishments.



The smaller photos I changed to black and white, probably should have been a couple of shades brighter but I'll see how I feel about changing them over in a week or two


All the photos were matted onto black and silver cardstock


I punched some snowflakes from a sheet of iridescent paper to cover the seams of the background papers. I love the way it changes colour depending on the angle you view it. When I was mounting them the light turned them into the most glorious shade of blue. Such a pity that I couldn't catch the colour with the camera


a couple of peeloff snowflakes and the title finished the layout


Materials used

Backing papers are a mixture of suppliers. The only one I know for definite is the grey let it snow paper which is from Papermania. I am now saving all my papers by designer/supplier so that I can give you more information.
Black and silver cardstock and the iridescent paper are from my stash
X-Cut snowflake punch
Gold label peeloff snowflakes
Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet dies

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful layout Margaret - it really captures that wintry feeling. Let's hope we don't have quite so much snow this new year!
    Wishing you a very happy and peaceful 2012.
    Hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page is perfectly embellished to show off your gorgeous snowy photos...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures look great and your page layout looks just right for these wintry scenes, we don't get any snow here in Sth. Aust. and with the heat we are having it would melt before it hit the ground.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret, lovely page. Great images and great layout and colours. Luv Trish x

    ReplyDelete