Followers

Saturday, 22 October 2011

Margaret Does Steampunk!

Next week it is our son's birthday and I always try and make his cards a bit different to my normal style.  This is what I came up with
 All the "metal work" was done using my new sprocket dies from Spellbinders
 I attached them using brads and some 3D foam
 The Happy Birthday sentiment I covered with UTEE and then distressed it by cracking the enamel
I used different papers to produce different effects and added some gilding flakes to add to the design on the clock BP and on some of the cogs.

Materials used

Leathered and striped papers and the tags and paper ribbon from Making Cards magazine
The clock paper and the rusty steel (the largest sprocket) were from my friend,Pat, with thanks
Gold and antique gold cardstock from stash with the brads
Crafty Notions gilding flakes in variegated copper
Two way glue pen to attach the gilding flakes
Sprocket dies from Spellbinders

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous, I didn't know you did stuff like this. I am biding my time but will have to have a go sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete