Followers

Tuesday, 25 October 2011

I want to keep it!!!!!!!

Have you ever made a card and then not want to give it away?  This is one of those cards and I love, love, love it!  But I shall have to put it in the post today to my friend :o(

 I knew how  I wanted the card to look and it's turned out perfectly.
 I used a Memento ink pad in sweet plum along the edges of all the papers to take away the white edge
 The paper is quite a heavy weight, double sided and perfect for folding it back and being able to retain it's shape
 I was lucky enough to have 6 of the brads that I used in this colour
 The topper is a brooch from Crafty Individuals and I've removed the pin from the back
I decided against putting a sentiment on the front as I thought that it would detract from the impact of the card.  Also without the sentiment the card would look lovely mounted in a frame to be used as a picture

Materials used

Papers from a stack from Costco courtesy of my friend,  Pat
Brooch from Crafty Individuals
Peeloffs from Craft Creations
Brads from stash

2 comments:

  1. This is superb Margaret and I can understand why you didn't want to part with it. Maybe you could make another one to frame and hang in pride of place at home? I agree it would be a most beautiful wall-hanging.
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel, I nearly always end up making two of everything which often proves useful when you are stuck for an idea.
    Gorgeous card.
    Crafty hugs, Angela x

    ReplyDelete