Followers

Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Fly Free as a Bird

The Crafty Individuals September Challenge is to create something with a hanging element
I've made this as my entry to the challenge
It is in keeping with my own challenge to myself to use items that I've not used for a long time or haven't used at all, but not a recent purchase


I'm quite pleased with how this has turned out


I love these roses,inspired by the roses made by the talented Julie


A side view of the roses, not as good as Julie's but I'm still practising :o) you can also see the dimension on the birds


I "enamelled" the chipboard birds using UTEE


The quote is "Be like the bird that, pausing in her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing that she hath wings"  Victor Maris Hugo


I've also covered the back with more papers from the paper pack

Materials

The scalloped square is a page from an Anita's chipboard album and the sentiment is on a piece of mount board
Papers from the Crafty Individuals Springtime pad
Stamps and chipboard leaves and birds from Crafty Individuals
Spellbinders Rose Creator  Dies
Cuttlebug
Brilliance, Versafine and Versamagic inks
White acrylic paint  
Paper Cellar raffia 
UTEE from Joanna Sheene
Brads from stash

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. UTEE is definitely on my 'to do' list, have you used it a lot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ia lovely. Love how you have used the papers. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals' challenge,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty hanging Margaret in lovely colours. Thanks for joining in the challenge. Jean

    ReplyDelete