Followers

Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Creative Card Crew challenge

The Creative Card Crew Challenge for this fortnight is Anything Goes and our sponsor is KennyK Downloads  I have used a digi stamp from KennyK for my DT card.  It is so hard to find cards suitable for boys when they've outgrown the cutie style of card but are not yet into the teenage years.
I thought that this card would fit the bill quite nicely.  I also wanted to add a bit of movement to go with the tug of war image so decided to add a door to the layout.  With the image of the boys I thought two boys with a length of rope would definitely not be clean and tidy!  I used the distress ink to colourize the base card and the card the image was printed onto.  I have seen this done on many occasions watching demos at shows and on tv.  You never get to see the back of the cards and I find that I always get some transfer of colour from my non-stick mat to the back of the card.  I have started to colour the back too so that it blends well with the front of the card.
If anyone has any different ways of doing this technique without the transference of ink  I would love to know

 
Just a plain Happy Birthday sentiment being tugged into view


A close up of the boys

Materials used

Digi stamp from KennyK
Promarkers
Fiskars texture plate
Card Candy
Happy Birthday stamp, make unknown
Camouflage paper from stash
Tim Holtz Distress Ink vintage photo

1 comment:

  1. Superb! Love those cute boys Margaret hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete