Followers

Monday, 4 July 2011

Just one more cross-stitch

Meet my Dad!!

This is a cross-stitch picture that I did from a black and white photograph.  I did have to send a copy of the photo to DMC and they did the  pattern conversion with a list of the colours that I would need.  Since then I have bought a software package that enables me to make my own patterns and design.  I will show some more pictures of those at a later date.  Dad was about 20 at the time this photo was taken and serving in the British Army in Burma at the end of WW2.  He passed away in 1990 and in 2000 I did this as a birthday gift for my Mum.  Needless to say an awful lot of tears were shed when she opened it.  Since Mum passed away two years ago the picture now hangs in my hallway.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret, what a wonderful cross stitch of your dad. I am sure your mum must have been overwhelmed when you did it for her. Such a lovely way to remember your dad - he does look very handsome too. We are go to stay at Barnacre Cottages in Garstang - not really visited that neck of the woods so looking forward to it very much. Luv Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret how amazing that cross stitch of your dad is!! Im sure your mom treasured it not only for the wonderful memory of your dad but for the love you invested in making it for her. Very BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is absolutely fabulous Margaret!!!
    What a treasure & blessing to your Mum!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the most beautiful projects I have seen in blogland Margaret. What a wonderful keepsake in memory of your father.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete