Followers

Sunday, 10 July 2011

Crafty Individuals July Challenge

I've made this card for the Crafty Individual's July challenge (http://craftyindividualsblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/july-challenge-details-blog-candy.html)which is to use the colours pink, cream and brown (neopolitan ice cream immediately pops into my mind, yum-yum) and to use at least one of their products.


For the brown card I used a 5.5" square of card and used the border punch to create the scalloped edge.  The way that I had used it meant that the panel popped out from the original mat.  I used the square frame that was left as an additional mat directly on to the pink card and used 3d pads to lift the centre layer.  Even though the punch isn't one of the punch around the page ones I managed to get a uniformed corner that looked ok



 Products used

Crafty Individuals stamps Lady CI-303 and crackle background CI-116
Pink cardstock with brown and cream pearlescent cardstock
Adirondack Mushroom ink
Memento ink Rich Cocoa
Promarkers, rose, dusky rose, blossom and caramel
Martha Stewart border punch
Ribbon and gems from stash


10 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret... this is a lovely card. Love the colours, love the stamp... love it all. I am very fond of anything vintage (although I'm not so good at making vintage projects sadly). This is just beautiful however. I really appreciate your support and encouragement Margaret. This past week has been a sad week. My young cousin, Richard (29) died of cancer. It was really sad because his mum, fiance and friends believed he was getting better. It broke my heart not only for the parents but also because this is the second time my elderly aunty is going through the loss of a grandson. Please pray for this family (God knows who they are). Much appreciated. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very elegant and attractive card. thank you so much for taking the time to join in with the crafty individuals challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your color combination and the pretty image too!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and elegant !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, the stamp is so unusual, I love the way you've done it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A BEAUTIFUL card Margaret...I love the vintage image and the wonderful colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful Margaret! Thanks for joining in the challenge. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. A favourite CI stamp of mine, oh what am I saying, all their stamps are favourites!
    Really lovely.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Margaret, good luck! Sam x

    ReplyDelete